How do I find my pet's MicroChip number?
Firstly, here is a list of common MicroChip formats, so that you know what you are looking for. It will often be listed under a barcode on official paperwork:
- 15 digit number - e.g. 977200000000000
- 10 digit number - e.g. 111111112A
- 9/13 digit number - e.g. AVID*012*345*378
The number might also have references to ISO, FDXA, FDXB, FECAVA.
There are quite a few places that you might find the MicroChip number:
And if you cannot find the number yourself the following might help:
- A certificate from the pet MicroChip database
- Pet passport, if you have one
- Pet insurance documentation
- Your pet's veterinary records
- Contact your usual vet, who may have recorded the number on their client records
- Contact the implanter of the MicroChip, if not your usual vet
- Take your pet to be scanned at the local vet, rescue centre or dog wardens service
If you call our amendments hotline we are able to search for your pet's details, but as there are multiple databases in the UK it will help to have the MicroChip number.
If you have the MicroChip number then we can help direct you to the appropriate database, even if the pet is not registered with the UK PETtrac MicroChip Database.